Slacklining – Manly
Life is a balancing act. We are forever trying to keep the balls in the air, keep our heads above water, our feet on the ground, our foot out of our mouths…..ah no scratch that one, I digress….
My point is, often we are so busy trying to keep our eye on the ball that we don’t stop to enjoy the smaller pleasures. So, here is mine for today.
The lovely Amber Edwards: http://amberjedwards.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for a Leibster Award! – An accolade given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
I am so amazed just to be nominated and will now happily answer the following questions posed by Amber.
1. Where is your favourite place in the world?
Home. Home. Home. That probably makes me boring but besides the fact I live in a beautiful country (most of which I haven’t seen) I am a simple creature.
2. What is your favourite smell?
I have a nose like a fox. It’s a skill that should be utilised in its own Olympics I think. I can tune into smells, good and bad, in an instant. My children don’t see it as a beneficial superpower because I can list the last five activities they engaged in, just by sniffing them. Anyway, to the point, my favourite would be a toss-up between freshly cut grass, or my daughter’s comfort toy.
3. If you could be someone else for the day, who would it be?
I’ve never really contemplated it, but if I have to choose, maybe it would be someone who is completely the opposite to me. Married to a great husband who is wealthy and charismatic and looks after the kids whilst I entertain a stunning career. It would be a good exercise don’t you think?
4. Which celebrity do you wish you could make disappear?
Oh for Goodness sake, Lady Gaga put some sensible shoes on, wipe your face and step into the tardis will you.
5. What is your biggest ambition?
My greatest ambition would be to raise my kids as healthy, thoughtful, moral human beings. In a perfect world, they would still like me when they’re older.
6. What is your biggest regret?
I try not to entertain regret. It’s a pointless emotion that would negate lessons learnt from outcomes that weren’t necessarily ideal. It’s all in the lessons and the journey, not the destination.
7. What is your favourite room in the house?
My bedroom would be number one. It houses my favourite possession, my bed. A place of comfort, peace, solitude, decompression and silence. (unless Shirley has taken liberties and then it’s a midnight circus)
8. What is your first ever memory?
Hmm, not sure I can pinpoint it. I always wondered how I had come so far in life without many mental pictures or concrete ideas about my childhood. I now realise it’s about being conscious (in a mental sense) about what we do. I don’t think I achieved this until later in life but at a guess (and funnily enough after my last answer) it’s probably the details, colours and sounds of my bedroom at maybe, two years old.
9. What is your favourite song?
I really can’t answer that. There are too many, all brilliant in their own way. I don’t even have a favourite genre but I can say it would NOT be heavy metal and I have to be able to sing along. Singing is a therapeutic tool so all things ‘singable’ are top of my pops.
10. Tell me something really unique/strange/odd about yourself that not many people know.
I have just started to learn how to slackline (as pictured above). That is not me of course, but my teacher. Slacklining is a training in balance that is done on a line (not dis-similar to old firehose) used at different levels of height and tension. It teaches concentration and balance but is also a practise in bodily freedom and mental calm.
Again, many thanks to Amber Edwards for the acknowledgement.
I am told that I now need to return the favour and nominate another 10 worthy participants. You lovely people will need to, in turn, nominate 10 of your own favourites (with less than 200 followers) and answer my questions listed below.
Notes from the Road: http://notesfromtheroadside.com/
Ramblings of a not so supermodel:http://notsosupermodel.wordpress.com/
Helen Meikles Scribblefest: http://helenmeikle.wordpress.com/
The Designer Dialogues:http://thedesignerdialogues.wordpress.com/
Almost No sex in the city:http://almostnosexinthecity.wordpress.com/
Sara in Oz:http://sarainoz.wordpress.com/
Ok, all you lovely bloggers listed above, here are my questions for you: (be generous with the details)
1) If you were a piece of fruit what would you be?
2) What is a skill you possess that has come as a surprise?
3) If you walked up to a cash machine and there was money hanging from the dispenser, would you look for the owner or pocket the money and run?
4) Beach holiday or ski holiday?
5) What is your best personality trait and what is your worst?
6) Which household chore would you most happily pay someone else to do?
7) Would you rather be rich and single or poor and partnered?
8) What is your simplest pleasure?
9) What is your favourite season of the year?
10) Why do you blog?